Take time on your grief journey to stand still and shake off the heavy burden you have been carrying.
Ask yourself some questions:
- Do you still think of your husband every day?
- Do you become emotionally upset or can you enjoy your memories?
- Have you accepted that your life is as a single and not as part of a couple?
- Are you ready to plan for a future as a single person?
- Are you prepared to invest in your own personal growth?
How do you move forward? There are some specific things you can do to help fill the void created when your husband died. A good job, support system, friends and family are all important in supporting you as you move forward.
There will be days you may choose to do some implosive grieving and if so then set aside some time to grieve. Honor your grief time and don’t feel guilty because grieving is important.
But there will come a time when you ask yourself “How Am I Doing?” and your answers may surprise you.