How would you like the story of your life to go? That’s your Primary Aim.
What would you like to be able to say about your life after it’s too late to do anything about it? If you were to write out your life’s story to be read for the mourners at your funeral, how would you like it to read? That’s your Primary Aim.
Once you’ve created your life’s story, all you need to do is make it come true – begin living your life as if it mattered, because it does.
Create your life intentionally, seeking the life you wish it to be. Simple – Yes, Easy – No!
With no clear picture of how you wish your life to be, how on earth can you begin to live it?
How would you measure your progress? How would you know what first step to take?
Guess what, without your Primary Aim you wouldn’t know. You need to have a vision of what you want your life to be. You have to be willing to work on your life, not just in your life. Then you can compare what you’ve done with what you intend to do.
I believe it’s true that we all can make a difference and create our lives actively as long as we know what our Primary Aim is.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What would I like to be doing two years from now? Ten years? Twenty years from now?
- How would I like people to remember me?
- What would I like to learn during my life – spiritually, physically, financially and socially?
- How much money do I need to do the things I want to do? When will I need it?
- What would I like to be able to say I truly know about my life?
- What do I wish my life to look like?
- What life lessons do I want to leave behind for my children and grandchildren?