One of the first things grief steals is our sleep when we need it more then ever.
We can make some life changes such as avoiding coffee at night and exercising a few times a week. But to tell you the truth we just don’t have the energy to make another life change when we have just been knocked down from the biggest of all changes (death of a loved one).
Here are some natural ways to help get some sleep:
- Herb – Valerian has active ingredients that act as tranquilizers. Herbalists recommend that you take one or two 400 milligram capsules about 30 minutes before bed time.
- Lemon balm tea soothes your stomach and helps provide a sedative. Drink a cup at bedtime.
- Chamomile is another herb that has a mild sedative effect. Drink a cup or two of chamomile tea before going to bed.
- Aromatherapy – soothe your senses with specific aromas that are effective stress busters. Research oils to use for natural sleep.
- Music has been used for healing and can calm your mind before bedtime.
- Please don’t watch disturbing shows or late night news before going to bed.