What Grievers Need To Hear
People who have never lost a loved one try to help but often their comments are hurtful. Below are what grievers need to hear from family and friends.
- I wish I had the right words, just know that I care.
- You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I am usually up early or late, if you need anything.
- Saying nothing – just be with the person.