We all have times when we are high with life and everything is going our way. Unfortunately we also have times of the lowest of the low – what some call depression.
Here are a few ideas to gently break out of our depression:
• Walk therapy – lifts depression, increase energy and boost self esteem.
• Change your environment – change things around you and it can shift your mood.
• Focus on positive thoughts – think of things that inspire and uplift you.
• Laughter – it helps to balance the stress of life.
• Note what is working – it’s too easy to think about the negatives in life.
• Do something nice – reaching out to others eases your own feelings of pain.
• Enjoy art or music – their beauty lifts depression.
Accept your feelings of depression and sadness. If there are changes you can make, then make them. Be patient with yourself and others -grief is a hard journey towards a balanced life.