At first glance, the freedom to grieve may not seem to be a struggle for you. You may feel that you grieve freely – after all you live in a free country that does not limit you.
Or, like most of us, you may struggle with your grief and the things that hold you back – things like fear, worry and insecurities.
Have you travelled your grief journey to reach a place of healing? Are you really free to live again? Here are a few questions to get you thinking about where you’re going:
- Do you have trouble forgiving others / yourself for past mistakes?
- Are you fearful of what the future holds for you?
- Do your present friendships leave you wanting more?
- Do you feel cheated and can’t see blessing you still have?
- Do you stay busy so you don’t have to deal with the grief?
- Or, do you want to be alone all the time?
- Does life get you easily upset?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might not be as free as you thought you were. Go over the questions and your answers to see what is holding you from back from healing.