Many widows today struggle with setting boundaries:
- Do you take care of everyone in your family except yourself?
- Are you influenced by all kinds of fads?
- Do you go from one bad relationship to another?
- Is your spending out of control?
- Do you feel emotionally unable to cope with the expectations of others?
- Have you overextended yourself financially?
- Is life so disorganized that you don’t know what to do first?
- Do you struggle with good time management?
You can get too busy, too overworked, too stressed and as a result your grief is even harder to handle. Boundaries define what is acceptable and what gives you a sense of control.
Consider setting boundaries so that your life is more clearly defined and not subject to the circumstances and whims of others.