Don’t waste your time thinking it’s too late to go after your dreams. You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. When it comes to dreams – nobody makes you do them. Nobody is going to push you.
So, take the time to define your goals – Don’t be afraid.
• On one line write down something you want to have or to do.
• On the same line put a target date for reaching your goal.
• List under your goal line all the steps that need to be taken to reach that goal.
• Break down the list as to what needs to be done every day on a consistent basis.
• At the end of each day write out your thoughts about that day in a journal.
Example if my goal is to lose 20 pounds in 3 months – it’s only 6.5 lbs a month, and that is only 1.5 lbs per week. Funny, how l.5 lbs per week sounds so much easier. And that is the secret – break the goal into small pieces that you can do. All I did was state my goal and break it down to what I would do each day. Somehow that big scary goal became small and easy for me to accomplish.
Repeat this process for every goal: write goal – set date – list daily steps – journal at day’s end.
Take some time to really think about what you want your goals to be.