Please answer these questions honestly and consider how far you have come in your grief journey:
• I have given myself permission to grieve when I need to.
• I am expressing my grief and not burying it inside me.
• I have more physical and emotional energy than I did at the start.
• I am not as depressed and I can concentrate.
• I no longer feel like crying most of the time.
• I can control my emotional moods.
• I can sleep all night without taking any sleep aids.
• My appetite is back to normal and my weight has stabilized.
• I no longer go mindlessly through my day.
• I have outgrown the feeling that I am losing my mind.
• I am beginning to be more sociable.
• I feel emotionally alive rather than emotionally dead.
• I understand the grief process and the stages of grief.
• I know that I need to grieve and I’m comfortable talking about my feelings.
You need to work through your grief and I hope that you were able to check off some items on the above list. It is a long journey and it does take time but women are amazing and we get there with the help of our family and friends.