People come to the funerals of those they haven’t seen or spoken to in years. Why is that when the person would have enjoyed friendship during their healthy days and appreciated their visits even more when they were sick?
• Better to have spent an afternoon with them when they were ill and unable to get out.
• Better to have sat with them in silence, holding their hand with care.
• Better to have visited when you could share their memories with them.
• Better to give the caregiver a much needed break and show both of them that you care.
• Please don’t wait to visit – “Love me now…” and you won’t have any regrets.
I don’t know where I got the above message but I think it’s worth sharing. Please share with you family and friends because it’s an important reminder of what really matters in this life.