Today I would like to share some tips that may help us widows get through this stressful time.
- Enjoy your children and grandchildren. After all that’s what the holidays are suppose to be about.
2. Don’t start party drinking, because you may start talking about your husband and that combination will not end well.
3. If the holidays are overwhelming, than scale back what you do and where you go. Many tasks are small enough to drop off the list or delegate. Instead of home made, think bakery or pot luck.
4. No one can take our memories away so hold on to those precious memories of holidays past. Honor past traditions and be open to starting some new traditions. Share stories and memories around the dinner table, don’t hid from your grief.
5. Take care of your physical health by increasing your exercise and decreasing actions that trigger depressed feelings – example: excessive alcohol, over spending, weight gain, to just name a few.
6. It’s okay to be selective with who you spend time with, as not everyone can be supportive in your grief. So hang with people you really enjoy being with.
For more tips, support and encouragement link to website for free sample pages: Sample from Holiday Guide