It’s hard for a widow to create even more change in her life when it’s already been totally upset by her husband’s death. But, when you heal, you can change by getting rid of some old habits. First, lose your list of reasons why you don’t or won’t change and begin by taking one action step.
Answer these questions and hopefully they will get you thinking:
- Have your behaviors landed you in a rut?
2. Are you in a hum-drum routine, just going through the motions every day?
3. Are most of your evenings spent watching T.V.?
4. When home do you wear T-shirts and baggy pants or even stay in your pajamas all day?
5. Do you stand looking in the refrigerator?
6. Are you a spectator in life, never joining in?
7. Do you live through T.V., discussing characters as if they were real?
8. Are your kids or neighbours all you ever talk about?
9. Do you only eat out at fast food places?
10. Do you fantasize about things you never actually do?
11. Do you feel alone, even when people are around?
12. Do you say “No” to most things, no matter what is asked?
If you answered “Yes” to 5 or more of these questions, you may be in a rut. The less you do, the less you want to do and before you know it, life has passed you by.
Is that what you want? If not, then you have a decision to make – Is it time to make a change?