As widows we have had the joy of living knocked out of us.
Most of us settle for simply “getting by” as we grieve. We just let life happen to us instead of intentionally moving forward.
The question is, “How can we build a life that positively affects us and those around us?”
1. Don’t try to be someone else. Focus on becoming the very best “you” that you can be.
2. Be willing to say “No” so you have the energy and time to say “Yes” to better things. If you don’t decide what’s important to you, someone else will.
3. You can’t always control what happens around you, but you can choose how you respond. Refuse to play the blame game.
4. Focus on your goals and refuse to quit.
5. Courage to change is not the absence of fear, it is the willingness to face that fear and conquer it.
6. Begin to believe that anything is possible. Believe in yourself and what can happen when you stop settling and change from “getting by” to moving forward with purpose.