Holiday Questions for Widows
- What are your true feelings about the holidays as a widow?
- What is one of your favorite holiday memories from childhood?
- What was your favorite thing to do with your family during the holidays?
- What is the one thing you are most grateful for that has happened this last year?
- Who is a person you met this year that surprised or delighted you and why?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever given or received?
Do you notice a theme in these questions? It’s all about “You”, your memories and your life, and do you know why? It’s because “You” matter and self-care isn’t about weird diets, it’s about respecting yourself and your life.
Widows often put others before themselves, but it’s time now to focus on “You”. Widows who care for themselves are healthier, sleep better and have more energy.
“You” matter, your memories matter and your feelings matter. That’s important because grieving is hard and this journey will rob you of who you are as a person if you don’t fight for it.