If your still grieving and aren’t emotionally ready to be in an intimate relationship, how are you going to determine if you’re with the right guy? If you have been dating for a few months then this post is for you.
They may be perfect BUT the relationship won’t feel right if you are spiritually or emotionally empty. You have to like yourself and know that you have a lot to offer a mate.
Is your self-esteem high enough to love another person or do you feel so empty inside that you have nothing to offer except your neediness? When grieving you’re in process of change – unstable, growing and healing. You are different today from what you were yesterday and will be different again tomorrow. This period of change doesn’t make for a good foundation, so don’t move to quickly from dating into a long-term commitment.
Dating 3 Months or More – You’re probably thinking this one may be “the one”. Before you get seriously involved, think about these questions:
- Is there a significant age difference?
- Do you have different religious beliefs?
- Are you a good social match?
- Are there toxic children or family?
- Is he committed, mature and responsible?
- Does he have high self-esteem and is positive?
- Is he affectionate and faithful?
- Does he support your goals?
- Do you make love, not just have sex?
- Is he sensitive to how you feel?
- Does he take care of himself?
- Is he interested in the world around him?
- Do you have easy discussions about his feelings?
- Does your financial style match?
- Can you discuss and solve problems together?
- Does he accept your religion and beliefs?
- Do you have mutual interests or hobbies?