Healing Connections

I hope that you gave grief all the time it needed so that this will be the beginning of healing connections and a new revised future for you.  I am pulling for you, from one widow to another I’m hoping you will look back and say that this was when “I became willing to do what was necessary to heal my broken heart”.

First thing is for you to connect with your grief rather than isolate and hide because of it.  When Donnie died I wanted to be left alone to grieve as I had hoped that it would magically all work out on its own.  I soon learned that my uncomfortable relationships with others could in fact become the healing connects that I needed, and I hope that the same will be for you.

You need others, so you must take a step away from your grief and allow others to nurture you.  No matter how difficult it is to step out of your comfort zone, you must do it to heal.

You need the courage to face your friends and be open and honest with them, even though they might reject the new you.  Please preserve when problems surface, because growth comes with change.  We need connections as they provide us with feelings of acceptance and joy.  Whatever you can do to connect with others, please do it.

Of course a face-to-face connection is the deepest of all relationships, but if you cannot get safely outside, then seek out some safe online groups.  As a widow I invite you to request to join my Private Facebook Group called “The Sisterhood of Widows – Private Group for Widows”.  This online group for ladies only is currently over 6,000 widows from around the world.  In this group you can count on others to be there with the support and encouragement you so badly need.

When you experience collective connections with many different widows, you experience what is commonly called a community.  You become part of a community that has the same fears and pains, but also the same growth and goals that you need to see are possible.

Take a risk and connect with others online, but also look into local communities such as churches, support groups, grief recovery programs, hobbies and activity groups.

Is healing your broken heart your next step, and if so are you ready to take it?

1. Donna

How do you join the private group for widows online?

Go into Facebook and in their search area type in “The Sisterhood Of Widows – Private Group for Widows”. When it comes up click on it to request to join.

• Mary

Does one have to have a facebook account?
        I would like to join as I enjoy your blog post. Thank you for the wonderful support you provide.

You need a Facebook account to join “The Sisterhood Of Widows – Private Group for Widows” as it is on Facebook.

You don’t need a Facebook account to follow the blog or YouTube channel.

Mary Francis

2. Mary

It’s been 3 months since my husband passed. I find the tears come at anytime of the day or night. We were married just 4 months shy of our 50th anniversary so we were fortunate to have that much time together. The worst part is the evenings when I’m alone or driving home after seeing on of my children, the dread of going home to an empty house. Because of the pandemic I can’t see a lot of my family or any of my friends. My church is not having the functions it usually does because of the pandemic. Is this loneliness normal does it get better after time, this is different than when I lost other loved ones. It’s weird I’m 70 years old and it’s the first time I’ve ever lived alone.

It goes get better, never the same but better as our broken hearts heal.

3. Sherry Ann Snyder

When my Mike passed away almost 27 months ago I actually did not want to be totally alone. I took off of work for one week and then asked to work 6 days per week instead of only 5. My boss allowed this for one month and then cut me back to a regular work week. The only day I ever request off is Jan 2; the day my Mike passed

4. Mary Francis

Yes, you need a Facebook account for the Private Facebook Group. But for the blog and YouTube channel you just need the internet.