To believe in yourself is so very important, because without it, healing your broken heart will be an uphill battle.
If you don’t truly believe you’re capable of healing, your chances of success are limited. On the other hand, if you truly believe you CAN do it, nothing will stop you.
When it comes down to it, there’s one big obstacle that can keep you from healing your broken heart, and that is a lack of belief in yourself.
Here are four tips to build up your self-confidence:
- Write out 4 positive statements about yourself, read them every morning.
- Write out 3 small goals to finish in 30 days. Keep them small and doable.
- Do something positive for someone else – giving will help build your sense of worth.
- At night plan your next day. Never let a day go by without being kind to yourself.
Believe in yourself and learn from your grief. History shows us that great strengths are discovered in the depths of pain. Let your pain make you stronger, drive you to create, to be worthy of life.
I understand that the first few years can be pure hell and yet they can contain the beginnings of a new you. It’s hard in the midst of loss to see the gleams of light, but they are there and some day you will be ready to receive them.
Take some time to Google “Helen Keller” who lived 1880 to 1968. Helen was both blind and deaf, but she had a strong belief in herself and is an inspiration to me.
Helen Keller believed in the following:
- Don’t let obstacles stop you.
- Don’t let others tell you what you can’t do.
- Have a thirst for knowledge.
- Help Others.
Mary Francis, The Sisterhood of Widows