At this point you may feel ready to jump back into the relationship jungle but there are some things you still need to learn so you can be successful. You can’t just wish your grief away – you certainly can’t just keep repeating some “positive affirmations” and think that everything will come up roses.
• You must first become aware of the need to make some changes.
• You need to discover what your new needs are.
• Be willing to take steps forward.
• You must want these changes and be willing to work on “yourself”.
• Your first step is to trust your intuition.
• The key is allowing yourself to listen to and trust your internal voice.
Who are you? Take time to write out everything you know about yourself – the good, bad and ugly. Know yourself, accept what you can’t change examples: Family, upbringing, height, etc. and improve yourself where and when you can.