Can't stop crying  

RSS

PHILLYGIRL46
(@phillygirl46)
31/03/2019 2:18 am  

I know it's too soon to expect to be able to get a grip, but I'm still struggling.  My husband passed away just a little over a month ago. I'm a strong woman, usually, and never expected to fee this sad. We were married 55 years and I was his main caregiver for the past two years, at times feeling very resentful. I had a few serious surgeries over the past ten years and very little empathy from him. Now I'm feeling guilty for feeling resentful for having to take care of him 24/7.  I tried so hard to keep him at home but when I finally had to make a decision to put him in a 5 day respite care at our hospice house, never thinking that he would return home, he passed awary 3 weeks later while in skilled nursing. I just don't understand why I'm feeling so terribly sad and can't quit crying.

Mary Francis
(@mfrancis)
Member Admin
31/03/2019 3:32 am  

Dear PhillyGirl46  -  I would be surprised if it's just a little over a month and you didn't feel terrible and didn't keep crying.  Grief has to have its time and it can be a complicated journey with a lot of emotional ups and downs.  Being a full time caregiver is a tough job on anyone so don't be so hard on yourself.  It's okay that you had times of anger, resentfulness and no empathy - that's called being human.  Most people could never do two years of around the clock care.  You did the best you could so let yourself grieve so that you can heal into a future on your own.  Take care, Mary Francis

ReplyQuote
Share: