Home Sweet Home?  

RSS

Marybeth612
(@marybeth612)
16/07/2018 6:09 pm  

So every day is hard.  My husband passed in November 2017.  It seems that every time I come home from work or a day at play with friends I'm confronted with his memory and I seem to just sit, depressed and watch TV and sometimes drink.  I do better when not at home I guess because his memory is in my face here.  How do you all handle this?  I can just run away from home.  

ReplyQuote
Mary Francis
(@mfrancis)
Member Admin
22/07/2018 3:58 am  

I’m so very sorry MaryBeth for your broken heart and loss.  We all take one day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time.  Hold on tight to family and friends and try to find something that will inspire you to live again.  Take care. Mary Francis

ReplyQuote
Anewpath
(@anewpath)
08/08/2018 12:38 am  

Dear Marybeth...I can feel for you. I too have nothing but memories in this home that was once OURS. I am looking into relocating. There is really nothing left here for me. I work part time and come home to myself and my Dog. It has gotten better over the past year and three months but I now look at my life and ask "What Is Next?" I live in a small town in Oregon and am not really satisfied with my quality of life here. I have been here 3 years and I don't want to waste more time knowing that I need to do what will be healthier for myself and my future. Just caring for the house and going to work and coming home to an empty nest is really starting to show me that I have to pull myself up by my boot straps per say and find a new beginning. I have been waiting for God to show me but to no avail. I have come to the conclusion that owning my home isn't everything any longer. Maybe renting somewhere new can bring about my second wind to realize that my life is worth living and I can always carry my beloved memories with me wherever I go, but to at least give me an opportunity to find a life that suits who I am now and who I want to be for my future. God Bless you. Losing your partner in life is never easy but let yourself grieve for as long as you need to and then get on with your new journey. I know that I won't be alone forever, but I do have to make the effort to get the results that I need and being the best me and living a good life is exactly what our loved ones would want. Time will help you to find a way to your new journey.

ReplyQuote
Mylatinlover
(@mylatinlover)
11/08/2018 11:17 pm  

Hi Marybeth.   I also just lost my husband 5 weeks ago.  I know how you feel and I’m very sorry.   The only difference is I feel comfort at home.   Everyday I feel his presence and I get signs that he is still with me.   I can’t look at pictures or go to places we went to yet.  But maybe in time.   But for right now just being home and planning little projects seems to help.   It’s going to take awhile to feel some kind of normalcy and to carry on with my life.  

ReplyQuote
Share: